We’re on a mission to bring more choice, more savings and a better overall insurance experience to British Columbians. We’re also dedicated to bringing innovation to the auto insurance sector through the use of safe driving technologies that provide lower-cost insurance to new drivers who might not otherwise qualify.
Our Commitment to You
Stratford Underwriting Agency takes pride in its commitment to a set of important values, and we truly believe that our business partners and customers will respect our values.
What we value most and are committed to demonstrating in all our business relationships:
- Honesty, integrity and quality
- Accurate and clear communication
- Fairness, equity and consistency
- Mutual respect, trust, and courtesy
- Timely responsiveness
Stratford Underwriting Agency: Value Driven
The Story of Stratford
Launched in summer 2019, Stratford is a Vancouver-based managing general underwriting agency that offers competitive optional auto insurance policies in the province, helping the vast majority of British Columbians save money. Our name is new, but Stratford’s leadership team draws on a decades-long track record on the west coast. Led by veteran insurance professional Colin Brown, we created Stratford after hearing that consumers wanted a better insurance experience that includes affordability, coverage and service.
Colin Brown, CEO
Colin Brown is a Chartered Insurance Professional and Chartered Arbitrator with over 40 years of experience in the British Columbia insurance sector.
In 1974, Colin was part of a small team that helped establish the operational framework for the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. He then went on to hold a number of senior claims and underwriting management positions with ICBC, including the position of Chief Underwriter from 1988 to 1995.
In 1995, Colin joined Canadian Direct Insurance’s executive team, and remained with the company as Chief Operating Officer until the company’s sale in 2015. Under his leadership, Canadian Direct was awarded the J.D. Power and Associates Auto Insurance Customer Satisfaction Award in 2011-2013, and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures Award.
Colin holds a B.Sc. degree from the Queens University of Belfast and a Master’s Degree in Liberal Studies from Simon Fraser University.
Join Our Team
Our team of value driven insurance professionals takes pride in their commitment to doing what is right for our business partners, customers, colleagues and community. Explore the opportunities below and start an exciting career that brings challenge and opportunity!
Contact HR at Stratford:
Who we are
- Stratford Underwriting is a BC based MGA who represents Everest Insurance Company of Canada. We are a licensed general agent and claims adjudication agency delivering a wide range of general insurance products and services through its brokers – We currently offer Stratford private auto in BC and the Motomaxx Replacement Product in BC.
What we’re looking for:
- An exceptional communicator with outstanding customer service to join our claims team as a Claims Adjuster.
What you’ll be working on:
- Customer Service: Have exceptional communication skills, and a strong ability to work with others in highly emotional situations. Have respect, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Claims Handling: Perform full cycle claims handling from first notice of loss to negotiation of settlement and final payment. Log into the queue telephone system where you will assist clients with new claim reports and inquiries. Strong analytical skills, logical thinking, sound judgement with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Continuous Improvement: Always take the initiative to improve and succeed. Use the resources available to be the best at what you do. Have an excellence mentality and understand that mediocrity is not the goal.
What we value:
- Accountability: You are responsible, you show focus, you ensure proactiveness rather than reactiveness, and you bring solutions to problems.
- Emotional Intelligence: You have the ability to identify and regulate your own emotions and understand the emotions of the people around you. You are level-headed, self-aware, empathetic, and motivated.
- Receptiveness: You are receptive to constructive criticism and open to feedback. You recognize that to excel, there is always room for improvement.
- Detail Oriented: Strong decision-making and investigative skills. Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Attitude: You are mindful, assertive, and even-tempered. Instead of complaining you look for solutions. You have a positive influence on those around you.
What you bring to the table:
- Curiosity: You like to understand the how and why. You are open to learning how things are done outside your role.
- Productive & Results-Oriented: You get things done and you make those around you better.
- Great Communicator: You are a great listener, which enables understanding.
- Technical Skills: You understand a job well and are skilled at the work you oversee. You take the time in the beginning to familiarize yourself with the roles requirements and challenges.
- Collaborator: You have the ability to see the big picture and work for the good of the company as a whole.
- Dependability: You take initiative and get things done on time and meet and/or exceed expectations. You have respect, integrity, ethical behavior and have an ownership mentality.
Why you want to work for us
- Impact: You want to be a part of a growing company where your contributions and decisions make a tangible difference. You want to help steer the ship and help establish a high-performing environment.
- Learning: You want to take your career to the next level and join a company with a start-up environment. You are open to taking on tasks and projects outside of your job description in an effort to become a well-rounded manager.
- Competitive Salary: With potential for an annual raise and bonus.
- Great Health Benefits: Take care of yourself and your family from Day 1.
- Wellness Program: 100% reimbursement to a maximum yearly, pro-rated limit. Receive a reimbursement on any fitness related memberships, passes or equipment.
- RRSP: Company-matched RRSP contributions from Day 1.
- Professional Membership, License and Course Reimbursements: 100% reimbursement for any job-related memberships and license fees, as well as job-related tuition reimbursement.
- Vacation & Personal Needs Day
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-2 years of insurance industry experience.
- Level 2 General License required (or ability to obtain it) – Through the Insurance Council of BC is required for this role. Equivalency of at least a CIP or CAIB designation should qualify you for a Level 2 license.
If you are interested in working with us, please click here or send your resume to email@example.com.