Making a Claim
Accidents happen, sometimes through no fault of your own. You can breathe easy knowing the team at Stratford is here to support you.
Our friendly agents are standing by the phone lines ready to assist you. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM at 604-282-0671 or 1-833-222-9981. After-hours service is available 24/7 for emergency situations.
Online claim reporting is available 24/7. We will contact you directly by the end of the next business day.
FAQs for Making a Claim
At Stratford, we understand how inconvenient a claims experience can be. We strive to make the claims reporting process as transparent and supportive as possible. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that may assist you. However, if there are any other questions or concerns you may have, please do not hesitate to contact our claims team directly.
When can I make a claim?
- Our agents are happy to take your call Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
- Emergency after-hours service is available by calling the same numbers above between 5:00pm – 9:00am, and on weekends and holidays.
What information should I have ready before I file a claim?
- Please have your name and Stratford policy number ready before you get in touch, as well as details about the incident, and any damage that may have occurred by your vehicle.
What information should be recorded at the scene of an accident?
- Capture the name, contact information, driver’s license number and license plate of any other motorists involved in the accident (if applicable), as well as any witnesses. It’s also a good idea to take photos or shoot video of the scene, as that collateral can be useful in assessing the claim.
How do I report a claim?
- Report your claim online under ‘Report a Claim’ through our website: www.stratfordins.ca. Once the claim has been reported, our claims team will contact you directly by the end of the next business day.
Lower Mainland: 604-282-0671
Toll Free: 1-833-222-9981
Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9:00 – 5:00pm PST, but after-hours claims service is available for emergency situations.
When should I contact ICBC?
- You should report a claim with both Stratford and ICBC if you have been involved in an accident with another vehicle within British Columbia, or if you have sustained an injury as the result of a motor vehicle accident.
Report your claim to ICBC before contacting Stratford.
Lower Mainland: 604-520-8222
Toll Free: 1-800-910-4222
Please provide your ICBC claim number to your Stratford Claims Adjuster.
What should I do in the event of an Emergency Roadside Service claim?
- Note that this coverage is on a reimbursement basis. Contact the local tow company in your area and keep the receipt. File a claim with Stratford using the options listed above and submit the receipt for reimbursement based on the applicable policy limits and coverages.
What information should I record at the scene of an accident?
- Location of the incident, as well as the date and time
- Damage details with photos from the scene if possible
If you are involved in an incident with another vehicle or person:
Full name, driver’s license number, license plate (if applicable) and contact information of the other driver(s).
Obtain the name and contact information for any witnesses.
Take photos and/or video of the scene, as well photos of license plates, driver’s licenses, vehicle damages to all vehicles and impact points.
What information should I have ready when reporting a claim?
- Full name of the policyholder
- Policy number (located at the top left corner of your policy Declaration of Insurance)
- Driver’s license number
- Vehicle details
- Incident and damage details